Bouteloup family page
George, Eugenie and Clemence Bouteloup relaxing in 1932
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
From August 2020 we have started adding records from non-Anglican churches, and this process will continue as more records, held by Jersey Archive, are digitised and indexed. Our database now includes buttons enabling a search within registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These records will automatically appear within the results of any search made from this page.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name comes from the old French bote lou, which translates as 'hit wolf' and was given to a hunter of wolves.
The Jersey family which is still present today was started by Vincent Bouteloup, born in France in about 1827, who had five children in Jersey by two wives. (see trees below)
- Descendants of Julien Bouteloup
- Descendants of Julien Bouteloup - 2, this is a longer version of the above tree, from a different source
Great War service
- Edward Rene Lucien Bouteloup (1896-1975) (St H) Corporal, Middlesex Regiment
- Rene Lucien Bouteloup (1900- ) (St H) Private, Hampshire Regiment
These wills created by members of the Bouteloup family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Bouteloup : Alexis Francis , 4 Charing Cross, St Helier - 23/Jan/1933 , 18/Jun/1935 , D/Y/A/97/100
- Bouteloup : Alexis Francois Bienaime , ... - 27/Nov/1900 , 01/Apr/1912 , D/Y/A/71/35
- Bouteloup : Emile Corbet , described in his last will and testament as Emile C Bouteloup, of 49, Westwood Street, Manchester, Connecticut, United States of America - 08/Apr/1970 , 08/Jun/1971 , D/Y/B1/160/12
- Bouteloup : Eugenie Lucie Alice , described in her last will and testament as Eugenie Lucie Bouteloup, of 64, Stopford Road, St Helier - 01/Mar/1965 , 17/Feb/1972 , D/Y/B1/170/55
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs