de Jersey family page
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
From August 2020 we have started adding records from non-Anglican churches, and this process will continue as more records, held by Jersey Archive, are digitised and indexed. Our database now includes buttons enabling a search within registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These records will automatically appear within the results of any search made from this page.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
The name is rarely found in Jersey itself, but has been used as a family name at the baptism of foundling babies, abandoned by their mothers.
- De Geresi
These wills created by members of the de Jersey family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- de Jersey : Alice Georgina , widow of John Parkhurst and Patrick Mannix, of Villa Soleil Nursing Home, La Rigondaine, Grouville and formerly of 12, Green Street, St Helier - 01/Apr/1969 , 02/Mar/1977 , D/Y/B1/254/18
- De Jersey : Annie Alice , nee Aubin, 14 New St Johns Road, St Helier - 21/Oct/1941 , 05/Aug/1942 , D/Y/A/109/147
- de Jersey : Elvina Augusta Florence , wife of John Thomas Milas, Cheapside, St Helier - 23/Mar/1929 , 28/Aug/1930 , D/Y/A/90/115
- De Jersey : Frederick Joseph , of 14 New St John's Road, St Helier - 02/Jul/1947 , 07/Apr/1948 , D/Y/A/119/70
- de Jersey : Gladys Sophie Vernon , nee Le Sueur, 14 New Street, St John's Road, St Helier - 21/May/1943 , 05/Dec/1944 , D/Y/A/113/24
- Right Rev Norman Stewart De Jersey (1866-1934)
- Peter De Jersey, Jurat of Guernsey 1799 (see List of Jurats of Guernsey)
- Commander C R Esten De Jersey, founder member and past chairman of the Guernsey Society
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs