de St Paer family page
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
From August 2020 we have started adding records from non-Anglican churches, and this process will continue as more records, held by Jersey Archive, are digitised and indexed. Our database now includes buttons enabling a search within registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These records will automatically appear within the results of any search made from this page.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname did not appear in Jersey until the mid-19th century. The family came to Jersey from Paris. There is a commune called Saint Paer in the Seine Maritime department of Upper Normandy, which is presumably where the surname originated.
- de St Paer
The form de Ste Paer is found in some Jersey records, including the official Roll of Honour of WW1 casualties, but this is incorrect. The name Saint Paer is male, not female.
Great War service
- Louis Emile de St Paer MC (1887-1918) husband of Beatrice, Major, Royal Garrison Artillery, died of wounds
- Basil Henri de St Paer (1891-1957) (Cornwall) Private, Royal Fusiliers
- Charles Romeril de St Paer (St L) (1891-1954) husband of Ethel Maud, nee Le Sueur, Private, RAMC
- Julian Romeril de St Paer (1898-1960) (St L) husband of Florence Lucille, nee Fauvel, Private, Labour Corps
These wills created by members of the de St Paer family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- de St Paer : Jane , 18/08/1898 Includes letter requesting that Charles de St Paer be appointed executor - Unknown date , 17/Jul/1900 , D/Y/A/59/79
- de St Paer : Julian Romeril , son of Charles, of St Martin - 27/Nov/1943 , 27/Oct/1960 , D/Y/B1/61/46
- de St Paer : Louise Jane , Mayfield, St John, widow of Josue Blampied - 25/Nov/1930 , 16/Jan/1934 , D/Y/A/95/90
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The grave of Great War casualty Louis Emile de St Paer at Brandhoek New Military Cemetery near Ypres, Belgium