La Chaumiere

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


La Chaumiere, St Lawrence





Property name

La Chaumiere

Location

Still to be identified. The description of this property as bordered on three sides by public roads does not match the only La Chaumiere known in St Lawrence today, which is set back from Rue de Haut. That is the property described in Volume Two of Old Jersey Houses, and nothing in the description matches this property.

Families associated with the property

In 1805 Jean West sold La Chaumiere to Philippe Pipon, retaining a small house nearby. In this contract, and in the one of 1832 when Pipon sold to Jean Nicholson, the property was bordered on all sides, except the west, by public roads. The next owner was Charles Mauger, another merchant, who purchased the property in 1857 and whose family remained there for some years.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs