If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue des Potirons, St Mary
Type of property
19th century farm
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Brocq: In 1901 farmer [[Descendants_of_Benest_Le_Brocq|John Le Brocq (1860- ) and his wife Anna (1867- ) were living here with their children John Philip (1897- ), Eunice (1899- ) and Esther (1900- ).
Anna died in 1921 and in 1941 John, his son John Philip (1896- ), daughter-in-law Lucille Anne, nee Noel (1900- ), daughter Eunice (1898- ) and daughter-in-law Emmeline, nee Le Rossignol (1889- ) were living here.
- De Gruchy: A second household in 1901 comprised blacksmith Philip de Gruchy (1859- ), his wife Mary Ann Eliza, nee Bree (1858- ) and their children Alma (1884- ), blacksmith Philip John (1887- ), who later became lighthouse keeper at Corbiere, and Winter (1891- )
Historic Environment Record entry
The mid-19th century farmhouse retains historic features externally and its integrity and features internally, although it has lost its primary fireplaces. The west wing may originate from an earlier date.
The outbuildings also retain historic features and characteristics of individual farming activities. The farm group retains its integrity and character, contributing to the rural setting.