Villa Millbrook, in Rue de Haut, St Lawrence, started life as Midbay, the home of the Denize 'de Bas' family. When Philippe Denize planted poplar trees on his land the house became known as Les Peupliers.
The Denize family sold it to Jean Thomas Le Riche in 1880, and his heirs sold it in 1903 to Frank Walker, founder of the Overseas Trading Corporation. He demolished the old house and built a new one about ten years later, which he briefly named Kamberes, and then Villa Millbrook.
He sold the house in 1921 to Lord Trent.