Descendants of George Burridge
This family originated in Dorset. Three of George's sons came to live in Jersey, but apparently not all together. William, the eldest, was working as a servant in 1861 and by the time of his second marriage to Henrietta, he was a publican in Stopford Road, St Helier. Jesse Staple was a coachman for the Allain family, and his wife Ellen was their housekeeper. The youngest of the three, Absalom, who was married to Mary, was a steamship engineer. All three brothers married in Jersey but neither Jesse nor Absalom appear to have had any children while in Jersey.
There is some disagreement in online trees as to whether George Burridge at generation 2 should be part of this tree. Other researchers show his father as David. Other trees also show Jesse Staple Burridge married to Maria, or Mary Ann, but there is a record of his marriage to Ellen Green in St Saviour in 1864. Further information from the 1861 census, obtained in October 2018, confirms George's position
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
If you spot any errors in this tree or are able to provide additional information, either click on the Discussion tab at the top of the page and leave details there (you need to be a registered user) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered users can also edit this tree, and are welcome to add additional information. However, if you think there are errors, please contact us first so that your proposed adjustments can be discussed with the original submitter of the tree
- 1 George Burridge (1795-1864) (Dorset) m (1835, Dorset) Louisa Staples (1813-1901)
- 2 John Burridge (1835-1909)
- 2 William Burridge (1837-1882) m 1 (1865) Emily Mary Seward (1837-1868); 2 (1872, St S) Henrietta ELizabeth Squibb (1853-1918) d of Daniel Cox Squibb and Sophie Osborne
- 3 William George Richard Burridge (1874-1922)
- 3 George Isaac Burridge (1880-1967) m (1911) Caroline Rumbolds (1882-1959) (Norfolk)
- 4 Sybil May Burridge (1912-2007) m (1944) John William Arthur
- 4 Gertrude Mavis Burridge (1913-1984) m 1 (1937, St H) Sydney George Logan, son of Lionel Henry; 2 (1957) George Cook
- 4 Beryl Grace Burridge (1915-2009) m (1937, St H) Matthew Joseph Gallichan, s of Matthew Joseph
- 2 Jesse Staple Burridge (1839-1910) m (1864, St S)Ellen Green, d of William (1839- )
- 2 Louisa Burridge (1842- )
- 2 Absalom Burridge (1844-1912) m Mary Osborn, d of George
- 2 Joseph Burridge (1846-1909)
- 2 Thomas Smith Burridge (1849-1886) m Caroline Harriet Lovelace
- 2 George Burridge (1855- )