La Croix Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


La Croix Farm, Trinity


H21LaCroixFarm.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

La Croix Farm

Other names

La Croix

Location

Rue de Brabant, Trinity

Type of property

Farm group developed in phases

Valuations

  • The property was sold for £926,000 in 2005 and a nominal £1,000 in 2006 and subsequently divided into separate units

Families associated with the property

Datestones

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Fine example of farm group, developed in several phases with a good survival of many original features. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Farmstead, including farmhouse and two yards surrounded by outbuildings. Farmhouse: two-storey, attic, five-bay, with five-bay wing returning from west end to south, single storey wing to east, yards surrounded by farm buildings to north and south.

East elevation of south range has datestone 1795, large cart arch in yard at south end of west range, flattened arch, keystone dated 1892. Granite gateway with Le Croix inscribed on piers.

The gable end to Rue Becq was daubed with a swastika in bitumen tar at the time of the German occupation.

Notes and references

  1. As an indication of how far apart the date on a stone can be from the marriage of the couple recorded, this stone appears to relate to the Francois Le Sueur who married Esther Gruchy in Trinity in 1762
  2. Although the stone would suggest that Philippe and Marguerite were living at La Croix Farm from 1802, and their first son was baptised in St Saviour in 1800, two more children, born in 1812 and 1816 were baptised in St Martin
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs