Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaumieres des Hetres
- Les Hetres Cottages
Route des Hetres, St Peter
Type of property
Former farm, with two houses and outbuildings converted to residential use
Chaumieres des Hetres sold for £322,500 in 2004
Families associated with the property
- Luce: In June 1945 the occupant, Madeline Rachel Luce (1900- ) wrote to the Bailiff asking that German railway lines could be removed from the property. She was living there with her mother Rachel Elizabeth, nee Le Blancq (1874- )
- Le Gros: Philip John (1924- ) and Alfred George Le Gros (1925- ) were living here in 1941
- Surcouf/Robert: Also living here in 1941 were Peter Charles Surcouf (1872- ), his wife Eliza, née De Feu (1867- ), their son Francis Peter (1918- ), daughter Lilian Blanche (1922- ), and daughter Priscilla Alice (1908- ), with her husband Walter John Robert (1907- ) and daughter Priscilla May (1931- )
- Huelin: Bought by Major J. L. R. Huelin, about 1958? on his sale of Dielament Manor
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group consisting of two houses and extensive outbuildings, forming a comprehensive group, showing the architectural development over the centuries from 16th to 20th centuries. The buildings retain their proportions and some historic features.
The earlier house to the north, Chaumiere des Hetres, has 16th century origins, re-fronted in 1720 - shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
18th century outbuildings, now sub-divided into 2-5 Les Hetres Cottages. Later five-bay house to south, Les Hetres, circa 1860. Pigsties to the northwest.