If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
North Lynn Farm
Rue de L'Eglise, St John
Type of property
Farm with 16th century origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- De Gruchy: In 1941 Oliver John de Gruchy (1896- ) was living here with his mother Clara Mary de Gruchy, née Le Gresley (1858- ); his wife Maud de Gruchy, née Le Masurier (1902- ) and their children Irene Maud (1929- ) Iris (1933- ) and Douglas (1936- )
- RRR ♥ ESM 1743 - For Richard Romeril and Esther Simon, married at St John in 1729. They had daughters Ester and Rachel. We have not been able to place this family in any of our Romeril trees
Historic Environment Record entry
An historic farm group of 16-19th century origins, retaining exterior character and features of interest. The earlier three-bay house, with original façade, is now incorporated into the outbuildings. This property is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Linear farm group, south facing, prominently positioned at junction of Rue de L'Eglise and Rue de la Ville Guyon. At the eastern end is the 19th century farmhouse, five-bay, two-storey with rear outshot. Slate roof with corniced rendered chimneystacks on gables.
Small front garden with dressed stone wall carrying iron railings. Small link building from west gable, joining to range of two-storey granite outbuildings, which incorporates original three-bay farmhouse. Further single storey granite outbuilding along roadside to south, with inset entrance gateway with carriage kickstones.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included in either volume