The parish church is in the heart of the village
A large portion of Saint Peter, a parish in the west of Jersey, is occupied by Jersey Airport. It is the only parish with two coastlines, stretching from St Ouen's Bay in the west to St Aubin's Bay in the south. The parish is the fourth-largest parish by surface area, covering 6,469 vergées.
The traditional nickname for St Pierrais is ventres à baînis (limpet bellies).
St Peter's Village in 1927, with the Le Brocq shop on the right
The parish is divided into vingtaines:
- Vingtaine du Douet
- Vingtaine de St. Nicolas
- Grande Vingtaine
- Vingtaine des Augerez
- Vingtaine du Coin Varin
The parish forms one electoral district and elects one Deputy.
St Peter is twinned with St Hilaire du Harcöuet in the Normandy Department of Manche
The parish has two oil paintings on display in the Parish Hall, featured in the Your Paintings project.
Click on any image to see a full-size version
Mont St Michel; Yann Le Francois
Route de Beaumont - this junction has now disappeared as the Airport has expanded
The centre of the village in the late 1940s
Three candidates in an election for Constable in the 1980s. From left: Winter Le Marquand, the sitting Constable, who won the election; Les Till, a parish Centenier; and George Langlois
Driving licence issued to Mrs Greta Lawford in 1936
The village - picture courtesy of Jersey Temps Passe Facebook group
This 1977 aerial photograph shows the parish church and school, with building work on the new village development under way in the foreground