St Martins, Guernsey

From Jerripedia
(Redirected from St Martins)
Jump to: navigation, search
St Martins Crest

Introduction

The parish of St Martin lies at the south-east extremity of the island, bounded by the Forest and St Andrew's to the westward, and by the town parish, St Peter Port, on the north. It contains about 4,190 vergées of land, and a population of 2,158 inhabitants, census of 1871. Besides the Fief Le Roi, which extends in this parish, that of Sausmarez is the most considerable. Hill’s Historical Directory of the Channel Islands (1874)

Churches

Schools

  • St Martins Primary School

Ancient monuments

Old Family Houses

  • Sausmarez Manor
  • Le Bordage
  • La Contree de Saint
  • Le Becquet
  • Les Maindonneaux
  • Les Caches

Fiefs

Coastline

  • Le Jaonnet
  • La Bette
  • Icart Point
  • Saints Bay
  • Moulin Huet
  • Petit Port
  • Marble Bay
  • Fermain Bay
  • Divette

References

  • Strappini, Richard, St Martins, Guernsey - a Parish History from 1204, (2005)
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs