The Eastern

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The property in the 1940s

The Eastern public house at Snow Hill was originally known as the Jersey Eastern Railway Terminus Hotel and is opposite where the town terminus of the St Helier to Gorey railway stood.

The railway opened in 1873, operated from Snow Hill from May the following year, and eventually closed in 1929. The hotel was originally owned by a Mr Jupp and was eventually sold to C Le Masurier Ltd. Although the ground floor frontage has been modernised and the interior brought up to modern standards, The Eastern is essentially the same building that it was when it opened more than a century ago.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs