Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Mont de La Mare St Catherine, St Martin
Type of property
Substantial farm complex with five-bay house at its centre
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Kempster: In 1941 Arthur George Kempster (1904- ) and his wife Adele-Marie Josephine, née Lesne (1912-1968)  were living here
- 18 JPF ♥ FAP 35 - For Jean Philippe Falle and Françoise Asplet, who married in St Helier in 1827
- 18 JPF ♥ MSM 95 - For Jean Philippe Falle, son of the above, and Marie Susanne Whitley, who married in St Saviour in 1859 
Historic Environment Record entry
Five-bay, two-storey house. Ashlar granite façade with datestone as lintel to main door. Rear elevation of coursed granite with dressed granite quoins, window sills and surround to back door, now blocked as window. Rear window dressings in red brick.
Many openings modified to provide larger windows and garage doors.
Notes and references
- ↑ Shown as Micheline in marriage record. Did Arthur marry twice, to sisters?
- ↑ Although we have been able to confirm the two marriages and the relationship as father and son of the two Jean Philippe Falles, we had not been able to place them in any of our Falle trees. But further research has revealed that Jean Philippe snr was the son of Jean and Sara, nee Le Feuvre, who married in St Martin in 1795; grandson of Jean and Susanne, nee Dumaresq; great-grandson of Jean and Elizabeth, nee Mallet. That would place the family in our tree Descendants of Jean Falle - 2, but that conflicts with the information already contained in that tree. We are investigating further